• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Connecting two 10W LED floodlights to one kettle lead

Only 0.99p... what a bargain. You can connect it up like any AC device, brown is live, blue is neutral, green/yellow is earth. Please make sure the kettle lead is fused and there is no exposed wiring (the brown/blue/greenyellow wires) when you're done.

You need to also be sure that the flex can take the additional load. I prefer two cords since it gives me individual control over my lights, for instance staggering on and off to help simulate dawn and dusk a little more gently.

So you advise rather connecting 2x Kettle cords to the 2x Lights instead and connecting the kettle cords can be directly fitted to the light.

How did you get on...if you haven't already done it, it's relatively easy, just remove the screws and take off the top cover and all becomes apparent. I rewired mine to longer flex using chocolate block connectors, but it is probably better to do it with solder and heat shrink sleeving. This may help flood light LED's - Page 10 scroll down to a series of images by discgo, he's dismantled one...

How did you get on...if you haven't already done it, it's relatively easy, just remove the screws and take off the top cover and all becomes apparent. I rewired mine to longer flex using chocolate block connectors, but it is probably better to do it with solder and heat shrink sleeving. This may help flood light LED's - Page 10 scroll down to a series of images by discgo, he's dismantled one...

Ola Troi

Thanks for that man, in the process of moving, hence my tardiness. From those pics Im getting worried as soldering is my downfall, but i might rip one open tonight as I sit in my old bed in my old flat and see what I can do. Wish me luck!

Hi. I've just started a thread which I think this more or less covers .how are your plants doing.?

Back