• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

constant fungus in emmersed bins

somewhatsassy

Seedling
Hi there, I'm new to posting on here, but i have enjoyed reading ukaps posts for over a year.
I've been struggling with a consistent amount of fungus in my emmersed bins. mostly non draining., some fungus bins are understandable as i used slightly unhealthy plants. but even some of my more successful non draining bins that grow more difficult sp. have been seen getting fungus in spots.
H2O2 misting seems to not help or make it worse. haven't tried it too much tho.
i only mist with ro since the last few months. i fertilize with osmocote+ and use a pretty low amount of bark/rocks in my soil mixes. and i suspect too little sand as well.
another issue is over time, especially ones in direct sunlight, the soil seems to harden and it just doesnt feel good to the touch, like one big mass.
i don't really know what pics to attach so I'll show you my current soil mix dry.
it is mostly coco. some peat, idk solid perlite, little sand, and a decent amount of topsoil little less than half. ground up sargassum and eggshells. osmocote+. think that's it.
i usually dump out the water if it gets high enough to be visible.
please ask if you have more questions or want photos. i attached one of my example bins.
my growth in bins is just inconsistent.
I've had much better results with draining containers within bins. and I'd like better results overall in my non draining containers, so i can improve my farming.
Thanks a lot !!

ps an id on that last pic with the bushy stem would be really appreciated. shop was convinced it was rotala bonsai LOL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 365
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 101
As above some spring tails and isopods will help with that, as will regular airing by either removing the lid or creating a cutout for a small pc fan.

Perhaps research abg mix too, this might give you a better substrate for growing.

Back