• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critter identification please!

HiNtZ

I was given a huge bag of java moss by my LFS and thought it would go great in my 20L corner for a cherry shrimp colony.

Today, I was looking for the shrimp as they are hiding and wanted to make sure they are ok and I spotted something that looks like a tadpole of sorts. I've no idea what it could be and was hoping someone here would know?

Attachments

• 20161128_160618.jpg
    20161128_160618.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 148
Hi all,
I spotted something that looks like a tadpole of sorts. I've no idea what it could be and was hoping someone here would know?
It is definitely a chordate, so it is either an amphibian or a fish fry. Newt tadpoles have feathery gills, so either a frog or a fish.

Frog would be my guess. You could try on <"caudata.org">.

I had albino Corydoras aenaeus fry years ago, and <"they looked similar"> (but with obvious pectoral fins).

cheers Darrel

Hi all, It is definitely a chordate, so it is either an amphibian or a fish fry. Newt tadpoles have feathery gills, so either a frog or a fish.

Frog would be my guess. You could try on <"caudata.org">.

I had albino Corydoras aenaeus fry years ago, and <"they looked similar"> (but with obvious pectoral fins).

cheers Darrel

Thanks for the quick reply! I suppose there's only one way to definitively find out what it is..... wait!

I'll keep this updated.

Back