• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dart Frog Terrarium Build

Frog party 🥳
PXL_20240125_182107750.jpg

More wood added for vertical climbing space, quite happy with how it's going, the plants are well bedded in, which has really helped maintain the humidity.
View attachment 215533
Plant health looks great. How’s the temp holding up with the heat mat?

I’ve ordered a 45 x 45 x 60, I’ll be housing a Crested Gecko.

Plant health looks great. How’s the temp holding up with the heat mat?

I’ve ordered a 45 x 45 x 60, I’ll be housing a Crested Gecko.
Yeah great, drops to high 60's at night, and holds at about 73f during the day.

Ah cool, I really wish I'd went for those dimensions in hindsight!

When does it arrive, gonna start a journal?

Ah cool, I really wish I'd went for those dimensions in hindsight!
Can always upgrade. That extra height does make a great difference. But overly necessary for the frogs I suppose.

When does it arrive, gonna start a journal?

Arrives Wednesday. There will definitely be a journal. Just planning the hardscape, I’m not sure whether I’ll scape three sides, two or just the one.

Can always upgrade. That extra height does make a great difference. But overly necessary for the frogs I suppose.

Arrives Wednesday. There will definitely be a journal. Just planning the hardscape, I’m not sure whether I’ll scape three sides, two or just the one.
The difficulty is, it's taken since November for this tank to bed in properly, would be too much hassle to switch over unless it was for a much bigger size. Plus the frogs would get disrupted, when they've also settled into this set-up.

Exo-Terra?

The difficulty is, it's taken since November for this tank to bed in properly, would be too much hassle to switch over unless it was for a much bigger size. Plus the frogs would get disrupted, when they've also settled into this set-up.

Exo-Terra?
Yes mate Exo-Terra.

The plants settle in better when you give them time before adding livestock.
I’ll be giving this a good month or two before adding any livestock.

Yours looks like it’s starting to fill in now though and looking healthy.

Haven't updated this in a while! Next milestone is frog calling, which I estimate may happen around April earliest.

No plans to breed since the frogs are from the same parents, but may consider options from different bloodlines, we will see.
PXL_20240223_224139200.jpg
PXL_20240223_185030985.jpg
PXL_20240223_185015012.jpg

Haven't updated this in a while! Next milestone is frog calling, which I estimate may happen around April earliest.

No plans to breed since the frogs are from the same parents, but may consider options from different bloodlines, we will see.
View attachment 217190View attachment 217191View attachment 217192
These are brilliant. I really like frogs but I have been told (somewhat firmly) that I already have too much to care for. Two tanks, two dogs, a pond, garden and a child… she may be right.

I have little pond frogs starting to return though now so I’ll make do. For now…

These are brilliant. I really like frogs but I have been told (somewhat firmly) that I already have too much to care for. Two tanks, two dogs, a pond, garden and a child… she may be right.

I have little pond frogs starting to return though now so I’ll make do. For now…
Keep at it, definitely worth trying dart frogs if you can eventually!

Back