• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY Bubble Counter

Callum

Does anyone know of any good tutorials on how to make a DIY CO2 bubble counter?

Callum

Didn't realise the simplicity of a DIY bubble counter. Since there aren't any tutorials i can find for making one I'll do one myself... stay posted... :geek:

As promised, a DIY CO2 bubble counter tutorial. Really, really easy to make and very cheap. I did a pretty bad job of the silicone since I need a new gun but it works all the same!

You will need:
Airline Tubing
Electric Drill
6mm drill bit
Glass/plastic jar/container with a tight fitting lid
Silicone
Pair of scissors

w9zk3l.jpg

First off, drill a couple of holes a few cm apart with the drill... (simple so far huh? :lol: )
a4yaso.jpg

Thread the airline in to the lid (cut to length). One piece of airline should be higher up in the container than the other one. (Longer piece will deliver CO2 through the water and will flow in to the shorter piece).
2e5lk76.jpg

*Carefully* (yes, unlike me :oops: :D ) silicone the tubing in place, making sure there is a nice seal around both tubes.
2vaghef.jpg

Wait 24hours for a nice seal, fill with water and wow, you're done!
211rrc3.jpg

Make sure you hook everything up correctly and put a check valve in place so you don't have your water back-siphoned. Hope this helps! :)

Back