• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do I have enough flow?

Matt Warner

Hi. I have a juwel rio 125l with a tetra ex700, standard juwel filter uprated to and a spray bar on both filters and a koralia nano 1600.
My tank is quite heavily planted and pretty much all of the plants move around with the flow. Also the co2 bubbles seem to be getting blown everywhere. Does this sound like I have enough flow?
Cheers

Sounds perfect to me!

Thanks Dan. I'm just getting a bit paranoid because I had a small cyano outbreak and I have done a blackout to get get rid of it. I have had the covers off for about 4 days now. I just get worried it will come back!

Is the BGA in a "deadspot" where the flow isn't getting to? If it is then try moving your flow patterns around. You certainly have enough turnover!

Originally I had the standard outlet on the juwel filter and all it seemed to do was direct all of the flow to the far left of the tank. I found a spray bar to fit the filter pump so that it works alongside the spray bar of the external filter, so that the flow is nice and even across the whole length of the tank.
I am also adding more ferts as I think that low nitrate was the trigger of the cyano. Unfortunately, adding more nitrate alone wasn't enough to get rid of it completely so I did a 3 day blackout.
I also turned the lights down from 10 hours a day to 8 hours.

Back