• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

dosers

jonnycash

Seedling
Hi guys , just a quick question really , iv got a automatic doser witch I used for my reef tank , would there be any need for me to keep it for a planted tank or is it unnecessary ?

Hi guys , just a quick question really , iv got a automatic doser witch I used for my reef tank , would there be any need for me to keep it for a planted tank or is it unnecessary ?
You could use it dose ferts and save you the bother ;)

Yes. If it can do couple of mil each day, one channel for macro fertilizer and other for micro fertilizer on alternate days. Fertilization....done.

I make an all in one solution from powders, then dose 20ml per day on the dosing pump. I spot dose liquid carbon at water change time, but otherwise that's all that goes in.

I use autodosers here as well for ferts. Allows me to go away for the weekend without worrying, also allows me to get stuck at work for 16 hours straight and not worry about the ferts.

You will get them on any site that sells marine equipment as they are far more commonly used there for mineral dosing. I'm not sure if any of the sponsors sell them, but the likes of charterhouse aquatics will, as will ebay (where I got mine).

Back