• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Escape

The last Buce plants arrived today (supplied by Mr.Luke)

This is the list of Bucephalandra species I have now:

Catherinaea
Catherinaea mini
Ghost
Upper Ghost
Apple leaf
Apple leaf mini
Pink Lady
Purple Nakamoto
Pink Nakamoto
Brownie Purple
Brownie Blue
Mini Needle
Moteyana

I still need to sort more moss to cover the sawcut edges and branches... Any suggestions?..

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Use brush and clean it manually. Siamese algae eater, pleco, otto will clean it for you, too. Just wonder why you didn't boil the wood :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The last Buce plants arrived today (supplied by Mr.Luke)

I still need to sort more moss to cover the sawcut edges and branches... Any suggestions?..

anubias or buce for large saw-cut edge and branches? Why not?

Use brush and clean it manually. Siamese algae eater, pleco, otto will clean it for you, too. Just wonder why you didn't boil the wood :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi!

As I mentioned earlier, I can't keep any live stock because of co2 levels I'm maintaining atm. Also I'm not too keen to add live stock I don't want to keep. I know I want amanos, but not as resolution for fungus. But it gets less and less with every water change now. So I'm not too worried about it

anubias or buce for large saw-cut edge and branches? Why not?
Thank you for input!

Anubias petite I have a lot in my other tank. Could be a reason why I don't want it in this one. It will look too.. boring?.. Maybe yes, maybe it is just the way I see it in my head. I think branches covered with moss will give more interest and contrast from planting perspective

Thank you for input!

Anubias petite I have a lot in my other tank. Could be a reason why I don't want it in this one. It will look too.. boring?.. Maybe yes, maybe it is just the way I see it in my head. I think branches covered with moss will give more interest and contrast from planting perspective

I see. Then Java moss. If Microsorum pteropus 'Windeløv' is available you could use it to cover branches

I'll be following this one. My "Island Shore" journal was Aquasky 602 powered to begin with which as you say is pretty potent unit and I did have some algae dramas but that isn't necessarily the lights fault! But you may gain something nfrom reading of my experience. Looking back I would have added extra fe and macros or Brighty Special Lights earlier rather than using just Brighty Step 1 and Brighty K. Things romped away to begin with but after 6 weeks or so the greens started to look a bit pale and I wasn't sure if it was the colour spectrum of the LEDs or a deficiency. In hindsight I'm sure it was a deficiency... I certainly suggest you get some amanos in there asap to feast on the early algae growth before it can get more established. Subscribed!

I'll be following this one. My "Island Shore" journal was Aquasky 602 powered to begin with which as you say is pretty potent unit and I did have some algae dramas but that isn't necessarily the lights fault! But you may gain something nfrom reading of my experience. Looking back I would have added extra fe and macros or Brighty Special Lights earlier rather than using just Brighty Step 1 and Brighty K. Things romped away to begin with but after 6 weeks or so the greens started to look a bit pale and I wasn't sure if it was the colour spectrum of the LEDs or a deficiency. In hindsight I'm sure it was a deficiency... I certainly suggest you get some amanos in there asap to feast on the early algae growth before it can get more established. Subscribed!

Thank you for the advice, Chris!
I will look into your journal to have a read.

For now on I have lights to come on separately. 1 unit for 3,5h and then another one for same duration. I don't want to kill buce and I'm feeling this is good for now (the lights)

Fertilisation is still a question. Dosing now 3ml BrightyK and 2ml step1 daily. Amonia is gone, so it makes me a little more confident about potential algae issues. Still dosing 5ml daily with EasyCarbo, keeping co2 at 40-45ppm, and 30-50% wc every 3rd day.

Finally my in-line diffuser replacement arriver. Well done to Co2Art uk support.
They replaced my broken one after 1 year of purchase for free of charge.

Back to my favourite method of dissolving co2..also.. -1 hardware in the tank itself :)
Here is some little photo update of what's "under"..

26424062746_732ebb1bf9_z.jpg

25845114104_edac64c21c_z.jpg

26449979205_91141902b8_z.jpg

26177157940_3f725cec76_z.jpg

25847156493_9de692d435_z.jpg

I like the look of that prefilter acting as a reactor, wouldn't fit in my current setup, but definitely something I would consider for the future, it's a shame that it's not 16/22 hose though.

I like the look of that prefilter acting as a reactor, wouldn't fit in my current setup, but definitely something I would consider for the future, it's a shame that it's not 16/22 hose though.
It is 16/22 hose. Or I got you wrong ;)

Back