• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

External Filter for 30L

spill50

Hi all,

I'm looking at replacing the internal filter that came with my Fluval Ebi 30L tank. Ideally I would like something that I can adjust the flow on and can take some 13mm nano glassware.

I've been looking at the Rena XP1 as it's nice and small with a flow rate of 750lph. Does anyone have any experience with the Rena filters and what size tubing the XP1 has?

Thanks,

Richard

Yeah I've been umming and arhing over the 2213. It will be visible next to the tank in the living room, i have no cabinet doors to hide it behind and to be fair the classic eheim filters aren't exactly the nicest looking things.

I know they are cheap (to buy and maintain) as far as decent externals go, but you don't seem to get much lph for the size of the thing.

Personally I would go bigger! Filters never produce what they are rated at, you are lucky if you even get half the flow at what they are rated at!

No worries. That looks ideal, very good price for a great filter. If you wanted to go all out you could even buy an external Hydor 200W heater and attach that to the eheim so you would have filter and heater outside the tank with the 13mm pipes. Im going for that one when I order my 30L nano gear.

Back