• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Feedback on hardscape

Peter Bennett

Seedling
Hey guys, this is my very first attempt at a planted tank so I wanted to get some feedback on my hardscape.

I'm really happy with the way it has turned out but would love to hear everyone's thoughts...

u8ejybum.jpg
9y8enaja.jpg
adeve4up.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tank is actually in the fireplace, hence the exposed brick:

a4e5a3et.jpg

As for plants -- I'm really not sure. Because this is all new to me I'm leaning towards keeping it really simple. Perhaps just a dwarf hairgrass carpet? Or some HC/Monte Carlo...

I'm open to any suggestions though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might make it a little hard to work on, and out og those three choices i'd go for the hairgrass as it's the easiest IMO. You could then plant E.Acicularis at the back for a nice effect ;)

Nice, but one thing I have noticed.......... That fire place is asking for a bigger tank in it.:)

As for plants -- I'm really not sure. Because this is all new to me I'm leaning towards keeping it really simple. Perhaps just a dwarf hairgrass carpet? Or some HC/Monte Carlo...
looks great, why not try monte carlo in the foreground and hair grass at the rear that way you won't loose the rocks :).....you could go crazy and have a classic 3 species, using some staurogyne repens to transition between the rocks. Maybe even use 2 types of eleocharis at the rear, acicularis on the left and parvula or sp. mini at the right rear, that would work well with your layout.

Yep -- that seems like the best idea: MC in the foreground and hairgrass at the back. I would like to try alternanthera reineckii mini but I'm not sure if it would work well in the scape...

Back