• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First CO2 system

dunnm

Seedling
Hi,
First post but lurked for a long time. I am now looking at buying the above (I do not want to go the FE route - as regards my DIY skills, putting up a shelf may cause near fatalities). I am looking at setting up a fluval flora (it was a present, not going to use the CO2 kit that came with it, reviews pretty much conclude it is useless) but want to go bigger if it is a success. I intend to grow emmersed initially and have got additional LED lighting.
I am looking at a JBL M6O2 or M6O3 (any comments?) but have read the diffuser and bubble counter are not the best any recommendations?
Now lots of other questions
I have googled CO2 cylinder refills but not a lot came up - I live in Oldham - am I mssing something?
Is it worthwhile to buy an additional 500g/2kg cylinder?
Is it best to grow HC, Gloss, Pogo Helferi etc. emmersed?
Any other suggestions for carpeting plants?
There appear to be many dwarf hair grasses (I have some (don’t remember type) in one of my tanks (low tech/liq carbon) but the leaves are much broader than the classic pictures on the net and grow upwards rather than spread )low light?). Which type should I be buying?
I want a ''tree'' (Java moss on Sumatra drift wood). Could this be possible emmersed - spraying water daily with cling film 'lid'?
I hope these questions make sense (it is late) and I am sure there will be many more.
Thanks
Michael

Emmersed only initially - I hope to fill the tank once I have the coverage/look that I want and also add fauna - maybe shrimp.
Thanks
dunnm

Have you considered buying the components separately and doing a FE CO2 rig ?

Back