• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

From Sticks to Plants

Paulswan

Good evening all,

It's time to get my fingers wet again :)

Its been 10 years since my last Aquarium, which was an SPS dominated reef tank (had 1 or 2) and I kept these quite successfully.

I don't have the time or the inclination to venture back into the salty side again, and having looked at some beautiful planted aquariums decided that this is the way to go.

I have decided to go small/mid sized as it alls my space can manage, plus I don't want to spend a ton of money initially until I see how I get along.

I pick up my Superfish Scaper 90 with cabinet on Saturday.

I will use the stock light as it seems to be a decent light from what Ive read.

Replace the Stock HOB filter with a Fluval 207, seems to have the right turnover for the tank, and replace the pipework with Clear tubing and Lily pipes (Unless somebody advises different)

Definitely some sort of Co2 system, still not sure what to get, any advise appreciated.

A short, bad quality video of my last Reef tank on YouTube (Well it was 10 years ago on my phone and the tech wasn't quite up to todays standards)

Good evening all,

It's time to get my fingers wet again :)

Its been 10 years since my last Aquarium, which was an SPS dominated reef tank (had 1 or 2) and I kept these quite successfully.

I don't have the time or the inclination to venture back into the salty side again, and having looked at some beautiful planted aquariums decided that this is the way to go.

I have decided to go small/mid sized as it alls my space can manage, plus I don't want to spend a ton of money initially until I see how I get along.

I pick up my Superfish Scaper 90 with cabinet on Saturday.

I will use the stock light as it seems to be a decent light from what Ive read.

Replace the Stock HOB filter with a Fluval 207, seems to have the right turnover for the tank, and replace the pipework with Clear tubing and Lily pipes (Unless somebody advises different)

Definitely some sort of Co2 system, still not sure what to get, any advise appreciated.

A short, bad quality video of my last Reef tank on YouTube (Well it was 10 years ago on my phone and the tech wasn't quite up to todays standards)

Hello mate.

Welcome. I am running a Superfish Scaper 90 with a 207 and the stock light. I have a fire extinguisher co2 setup. A 2kg FE will last you ages on this size aquarium.

The light is cracking. You would probably grow SPS with it to be honest. Get a dimmer or a load of floating plants otherwise you’re going to end up with plenty of algae in the early stages.

👍🏻

Another Superfish Scaper 90 owner here, though in my case a newbie steering clear of CO2.

It’s a lovely tank and a pretty bright light. I second the advice to get a timer/dimmer. I got an S2pro from eBay (only place that I was able to find them) it took a week to arrive so you may want to look into getting one now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back