• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glass (ghost) catfish care?

Sacha

I would really like to get a few glass catfish, but I have read that they don't like high flow. Is this right? Would 6-7 of them be ok in my Rio 125, with massive flow? (2250 lph combined through two spray bars)

I had kept 8 in a Roma 125 which is the same size, which was double external filtered but lower total flow than above. It was heavily planted and they used to hide in a group in a low flow area of the plants. Got any lower flow areas in tank?

I do have areas of weaker flow, but that is mostly in the back of the tank in hidden areas where the fish wouldn't be visible. So I think they'd probably spend all their time hiding out of sight.

Even when I had them in an overgrown heavily planted tank, they still spent most of their time hiding. Just the way they are, but you could see them hiding in the plants if that makes sense. Now I unplanted the tank substantially, I can't see them at all as the few plants are right at the back. I see 2 or 3 at feeding time but that's it now.

^ you probably have the new optiwhite ones. :)

PFK's got it right in this article, Kryptopterus minor will be out & about in the tank IF they are kept under suitable conditions/tankmates (sometimes not so easy to discern).

Back