• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glassy plants

Ceg, do you think it's worth I buy a par meter? I really don't know if my lights is enough. Read my last post here:

I'm using just one tube over all tank length. It's like a 60 w T8 tube measuring 1,8 m and covering almost all the tank length (I have a good reflector over this tube). So, it seems poor light, no? I really don't know if the glassy leaves symptoms is also related to low light or is a exclusive CO2 lack symptom. May Ceg could explain this better for us.

My tank is 200 cm x 40 cm x 45 cm (height). The poor light can cause glassy leaves in hemianthus micranthemoides and didiplis diandra? What do you think about?

You are insulting beyond belief!

I am, by all means, an intelligent, educated individual but I have emotional and mental health issues. I have a Honours degree in Electronics and I am a Chartered Engineer. I cannot tolerate your superior, 'I know better than you' attitude any longer. Why do you take this superior stance? Foolishly, I thought you were here to help people with the science of aquatic plant keeping. Unfortunately, your need to talk down to people stands in the way of your undisputed knowledge and that, along with your repeated contradictions, leaves me with no alternative but to sever any connection with UKAPS.

Goodbye!

JPC

John, I think you have misinterpreted Clive's tone, which is easily done in a written context. Clive is extremely knowledgeable in the field of aquatic plants, and a highly respected member of the UKAPS community. It's understandable to assume he is being condescending when he harps on about 'The Matrix' (I couldn't possibly say, but I reckon the guy is something of a fan of the film(s)), however, it must be taken in the good humour it is written in. We are all lead to believe all sorts of convenient lies by the aquatics industry, and this is the "matrix" to which Clive refers.

We're all in a process of learning. I'm certain there are some highly schooled people on this forum, who have a great deal of knowledge outside of aquatics, but this is not to assume that they know everything about the subject at hand. Many experienced members of the forum disregarded - and perhaps still do - the Twinstar gadget as snake oil, but over time have been disproved. Aquatic plants, and their growth habits, are an enigma that is still being decoded.

I'm not sure why I took it upon myself to post this, but I feel it is a shame to turn your back on the most comprehensive knowledge base for aquatic plants on the internet or, perhaps, in the world, merely due to the misinterpretation of the tone of a single members post.

Kind regards,
Henry

(P.s. Sorry for going completely off topic).

You are insulting beyond belief!
I am, by all means, an intelligent, educated individual but I have emotional and mental health issues. I have a Honours degree in Electronics and I am a Chartered Engineer. I cannot tolerate your superior, 'I know better than you' attitude any longer. Why do you take this superior stance? Foolishly, I thought you were here to help people with the science of aquatic plant keeping. Unfortunately, your need to talk down to people stands in the way of your undisputed knowledge and that, along with your repeated contradictions, leaves me with no alternative but to sever any connection with UKAPS.
Goodbye!
JPC

Clive knows his stuff.

You will learn from him. I have made a few posts and he is very helpful AND knowledgeable.

That's all you need if you are in the learning aquascaping.

Don't get me wrong, Clive's not alone. There are plenty of knowledgeable people on here.

I would say though as one poster already stated, text can naturally look a bit cold. The tone of your own post
isn't very endearing either and not one that would perhaps encourage favourable responses.

Thumbs up for Clive from me. Knows his stuff. I don't find him to have a superior stance. That's simply called, knowing the answer. If he were to comment on a post of mine If I was having issues, and offered a solution, I would pursue that to remedy my issue

Back