• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jaidus

Seedling
Stumbled across this video whilst watching George Farmer's vid on his Aquascaper 1200.

I started a year ago with a 67L hugo kamishi simplicity tank.
56517082_10156093357260233_3141176906624270336_o.jpg

I've recently purchased a 106L that I'll be moving these guys over to once its up and running and this tank will be turned into a shrimp tank (yep - going for those cherries like every sterotypical beginner :p ).

I currently have 6 white cloud mountain minnows (4 standard coloured females, 1 gold female and 1 gold male), 6 black neon tetras (I recently discovered - after a spawning session, I only have the one female.... and she has a soft spot for the smallest and palest neon I have), 3 otocinclus and 1 yoyo loach.

There was 3 yoyo loaches and all three were meant to be rehomed - I only managed to catch 2 of them. So when I finally get these guys caught for the tank swap, it'll be going off to join his friends. Fully plan on getting more minnows and tetrats to bring up to 15 of each, 3 more otos, a couple of amano shrimp and maybe a bomboo shrimp or two.

I have a Aquael Versamax HoB which has a Peace Lily planted in one basket (with biomedia balls) and the second basket has biomedia balls and a purigen bag. I plan on adding SilicatEx bag to the new tank as I've been having a problem with brown fuzzy algae.

I fully admit I only use Tropica/Dennerle plants (had a nasty surprise with some duckweed that I ordered despite a bleach dip.... hence the yoyos).

But rather proud of my first tank :)

Welcome! :)

You might like to search the forum for threads on diatoms before you spend money on any wonder cures. :)

Back