• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with Plant Deficiency ID

zle

Seedling
Hello am new to this hobby and would like to seek help in Identifying the deficiencies which i failed/confused. Been adding PO4 and up CO2 which doesnt seem improving. Could it be plants recovery will take a long time after such damage? Thank you.

a34ee6931c4f10ebe5f856f13c818588.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the "downoi" i read is calcium/magnesium and i had just brought home some magnesium sulphate to be included using PPS Pro daily ratio. if "downoi" new leaves not showing improvement then only i will go for calcium sulphate which the only available calcium source in my neighbourhood.

hi martin, what bout first pic?

second pic was because i did a 4 days blackout to kill excess hair algae and on vacation.

If you did a "Black Out" they will have to recover of course.

Never the less, you should say what fert you´re using and values, Co2 values, lights and also tank measures versus filter.

I think we need to know your parameters to make a most assertive avaluation.

Algae never comes associated to one isolated issue. At list i think.

Ex: If you inject Co2 it should be in acordance to light isn´t that so? You may for instance inject even 40 PPm of Co2 but if the light doesn´t follow you have not just one probelm but two!

Best regards,

Thanks Paulo. My approach in asking may be in the wrong way. However, my objective here is to identify the deficiency based on the plant reaction in the very first picture. Please ignore 2nd pic. If given the param then it would be bias towards identifying the problem from dosage/light/co2 and not from the plant reaction shown in the picture.

Correct me if am wrong but I understand that having high CO2 with low light will Not stress the plants.

Anyway am using dry fert following PPS Pro ratio, except Magnesium and Nitrate. The NO3 on API test kit constantly showing 10-20ppm. I assume Amazonia powder soil is providing enough NO3.

Just today I started dosing Mg. As for CO2 i assume its between 20-25ppm based on drop checker with accurate DIY 4dkh solution. Light is mid-low intensity LED. Again I assume its mid-low light utilizing 30% of the capability.

Again to all gurus, pls ignore 2nd pic as the further damage is due to blackout.

Thanks again all. I appreciate the feedback & participation.

Last edited:
Martin,

The HC and monte are all green at that time shown in first pic so I assumed its not CO2 deficiency. Or I may be wrong that HC and monte are not sensitive to CO2 deficiency?

Last edited:
Stunned growth, melting leaves (at the bottom), algae all signs that your CO2 is not good. You may inject more than you need, but it doesn't reach the plants, best to do a pH vs KH hourly measuring to know more (if you dKH is lower than 4, you have to get that higher first), a drop checker close to the effected plants will give you a better understanding how the CO2 is behaving around your tank.
Don't worry to much about other things, those would be the last things that effect your plants as you have substrate that is packed with nutrients.

Hi Martin, ok i will get a drop checker near to this area to check CO2. I assume the CO2 is well circulated cause i can see midst of CO2 reaching this area. Am using inline atomiser, this area is opposite the lily pipe and outflow rate is good. Btw its a 2ft tank. Will update again with drop checker pic and pH vs KH hourly measuring table.

The drop checker color at that area showing fine. Doesnt have time to tabulate the PH/KH chart. I still doubt is CO2 related. Any other ideas?

Hi Martin, am already having that setup. Am dunno whats going wrong with the plants. Last to suspect is my dry fert source.

You haven't stated your tank size & volume and what you are lighting it with. As you have had algae issues I suspect you have far too much light for the CO2 levels you are injecting.

hi Martin, the substrate is about 6-9 mo old. they are all submerged form. i remember first month they were doing fine. no changes in anything.

i mean they were from submerged form from trusted sellers.

the only dry fert i am not including is NO3. do u think i should not trust API test kit suggesting my NO3 constantly at 10-20ppm?

as I have some CRS in the tank so I am hesitated to include NO3 fert with that ppm rate already in the water column.

Back