• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Here we go Again!

Well having the working pressure up to 3bar did not solve it..I still had to increase to 2bps via needle valve. I have turned the pressure up to 4bar and will not re-do my co2 connections until I receive my brass check valve tomorrow, then start from scratch, including re-connecting reg to cylinder.

Can you set bps after its slowed down and ignore what it does before that or does bubble count remain remain inconsistant after this 1st 15 mins?

Hi,
Once it has done its thing and after about 15mins I re- set the bps and it is fine all day long...then the next morning I have to start all over again. When I had it set at just 1bps it was perfect every morning but it is only since I tried to up it to 2bps. I may have to re-set every morning and put up with it. It is not ideal especially if I wanted to go away for a visit but will have to lump it I expect.

So is it starting slow or is it starting fast and slowing down to below what you need.
yes, it starts fast, probably no more than x2 maybe a bit less then it slows right down but then just does not go back to what it was set to...so I have to re-set the bps

Silly question, but is your tap fully open on your co2 bottle?

yes..fully open...when I take delivery of my new metal check valve tomorrow, I will fully re-connect everything from the bottom up! hopefully that will solve it.

Well yesterday I upped my working pressure to 4bar. This morning I re-connected all co2 tubing and replaced my plastic check valve with a costly s.s one;) and after 15mins the bps is not far off what it was yesterday after adjustment at about 1.5 bps. So fingers crossed that it continues to do that everyday.:)
I do not have any idea on which part of the procedure "cured" it but I will leave it as is now and see how it goes. Thanks to all for all your suggestions.

I have been having the same issue with my tank. Though had no issues with the ceramic atomiser, my co2 occasionally doesn't pump at all now I have installed an up atomiser. But it changed everything at the same time.

Checked the drop checker and it's turning dark green, checked the bubble counter and no bubbles. Turned up the needle valve and hey presto, bubbles.

Atomiser is less than 2ft from canister. I think it's the cheap check valve that's doing me the dirty so plan to replace, but first going to increase to 4bps to see what happens.

Just out of interest Bertie, did you have any more problems?

If2KfPI.jpg

Hi,
I have not had any problems since and my co2 has been running smoothly since.
Good Luck.

Back