• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi Folks Here's My Planted Dutch 55g

And i have too many doubts from the benefits of the Ei... always have.. always.
If you use it correctly then there are no doubts, problem with most people is CO2 and nothing to do with EI, EI saturates the tank with ferts to ensure nothing is missing and then you reset it at water change ;) I was dosing one time 10X the recommended dosage of EI ferts and tank was thriving and no algae, its all about the CO2 in 80% of the cases.

That´s the point.. there is no corrrect or wrong. Cause as you said it doens´t matter how much you add. And that is something i always doubt.

I believe that we should have a little excess, just a little, of NO3 and Po4.. and that little excess is the one you took out with the waterchange.

So, for me to do things correctly, you should measure the amounts achieved along the week versus comsumption of the tank, and check if there´s a big or huge excess and adapt, increase or reduce the daily fert acording to the measures. By this way we add the needs of the tank and a little excess.

I do not believe that if we get big excess of nutrients, that this won´t make algae to apeear or dirt glass etc... even the plants have their limits.

People claim that the excess (no matter what) don´t cause algae. I simply do not believe it. I´m sorry.
Big hug

hey paulo i use all purpose plant food or osmocote plus put into gel capsules and pushed in the substrate for macro's .. the growths unbelievable after a week or so combined with profito .. iv red b4 tht profito as a faster growth rate than EI dosing so i went with tht with no problems .. i find over dosing alittle with profito brings a slight algae so best to under dose than over .. but thts my setup .
1528583_10202844092641054_335048179_n_zps534245f3.jpg

Back