• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hi from the north east of england lol

gary smith

Loftus, Redcar And Cleveland, United Kingdom
hi, all i have been lurking about for a few weeks now looking at all your superb tanks i used to keep a plant tank in the late 80s it was a dennerle system it worked ok but not as it should imo it had a pressurised co2 system a 80-125 watt dennerle mercury vapour lamp and dennerle substrate under gravel heating ;( lol i think i paid well over the odds for the equipment but at the time i was happy in those days if it didn't run right you added more light i have been reading some very good posts on this forum and i now realise more light was a mistake but i always did like a bright tank lol
i then moved on to marines mainly sps systems but i got sick of burning 1200 watts of light thats with out the circulation pumps of which there was many lol i have a few questions for you people as i am thinking of setting a 18" cube up i have an external filter but not much else cheers Gary

Now then!
Welcome along Gary, nice to see another northerner.
Cheerio,
Ady.

5oo mm cube is on order made from star-fire glass ;) i have a tmc 1500 grobeam,i have made a 36"co2 reactor , a jbl 1500 external filter so just waiting for the tank now, then i can knock a tank cabinet up and put everything together cheers Gary

5oo mm cube is on order made from star-fire glass ;) i have a tmc 1500 grobeam,i have made a 36"co2 reactor , a jbl 1500 external filter so just waiting for the tank now, then i can knock a tank cabinet up and put everything together cheers Gary

Hey Gary,

Your not far from me at all really. Whats starphire glass like in comparison to optiwhite? Is it the same thing?
Cheers,

Back