• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ID Please

remiixx95

Seedling
Can someone tell the name and conditions of this plant please also what it grows like thanks alot in advance.
9753c1e150f168fd9d984282d08b9e0a.jpg
f1961d8c7201b50edcecef906ac7ae41.jpg

Sent From Sony Xperia M2 Using Tapatalk.

I believe that is water wisteria

Common Name: Water Wisteria
Proper Name: Hygrophila difformis
Category: Stem Plants
Temperature: 24 - 28 C
PH: 6.5-7.5
Lighting: Medium
Growth Rate: Fast
Difficulty: Very Easy
Origin: Asia Minor & Southeast Asia
Position in Aqua-scape : Background

Thank you very much :)

Looks a lot more like Microsorm pteropus 'Windeløv' ( yep, I can do the "ø"-letter;) ), to me.
It's also a very easy plant to grow, but not a stem-plant like Hygrophila difformis.
Microsorum does not really like being planted in the substrate/gravel - but likes a spot on a piece of wood or a rock very much, since it's an epiphyte in nature.

I am with Mick, it doesn't look like Hygrophila difformis to me, at least the ones I've had :) I would bet for Microsorum windeløv... Yeah! I can also write this strange 'o'
Look at the leaves in the picture, they are divided ain the end. In H. difformis the pattern is different, divisions are all along the leave and leaves distributed all along the stem

Jordi

Its windelov fern. A cultivar but looks nice in a bunch. Tie it to a coconut shell or lava rock

Sent from my Panasonic P11

To add to the confusion.........the somewhat 'heavy' look of leaves and their division, could mean it's actually another cultivar of Mic. pt.
- two obvious possibilities being Mic. pt. 'Thors Hammer' or Mic. pt. 'Gigantea'. Both have divided leaf-tips, but not as gracile as Mic. pt. 'Windeløv'.
It's still an uncomplicated plant to grow, though........

So all being said this plant is easy to grow and quite hardy

Back