• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ideas on lighting for my next puddle

Alastair

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on what I should use in the way of lighting on my next low tech set up.
On my current puddle I'm only using 2 54watts from my ati sunpower.
However, I'm about to place an order for some glass for a 5ftx5ftx30cm or a 5ftx4ftx30cm.
I'm curious to think if the ati with all 4 tubes but higher up would give the tank sufficient lighting and spread but still keep it low light.
Not too keen on having multiple lighting fixtures hanging from the ceiling.
Will be starting this next project with in the next couple of weeks so need to get everything planned.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about DIY led spot lights?

e7a5u7uj.jpg

10w LED, heatsink, driver and 60 degree optics.
ty3yzu3a.jpg

Light spread at two feet from the wall.

Hi Al, I agree, I think 40cm would be more of an option and at 5ft it would still look quite low. Also I would go with 5ft x 4ft, but I dont like squares, lol. Sounds interesting though :)

Yeah I'm thinking 40cm instead of 30 so will wait to see what price jump it makes.
It's just lighting I'm wondering about, as not quite sure ill get enough spread from the ati unit alone.
Not quite up to making my own led rig either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitey89 said:
:eek: almost my next intended tank size.

I wanted a 120x60x30 though. Easier to build a 4 foot by 2 foot cabinet :)

Will you all shut up about these big tanks. You are giving me a size complex 8) :lol: 8)

Stick with the ati and see how it goes. What size is it again, I'm sure you can plant appropriately to get the maximum from it and like you say you could run all 4 tubes but higher up to get greater spread. Then the money you save in lighting can go towards the 40 high tank you really want!..... by which time if its not enough the tank will already be bought and you can get a new light too :lol:

tim said:
Or sell nat your puddle and put the procedeeds towards the next one because you know really he wants that tank :twisted:

:lol: let me know if you do want rid and how much mate! Might be interested, depending on my DIY cabinet setup :thumbup:

Alastair said:
Will do mate. Course ill want rid I couldn't keep this running along side a 5x4ft too ha ha. Ill be starting up my next tank hopefully with in next two or 3 weeks, well the cabinet first, so a good few weeks off yet :)

Have you decided on the size yet ? Are you going for the slightly taller one given the other dimension ? Its gonna ROCK mate.

Back