• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

If Apple made luminaries they would be...

Looks good but looking at those LED's they dont look like the powerful version. From what I have read, you need the 3w LED's to punch down and get a decent PAR at substrate level. Can't take it away from ELOS though, looks are better than ADA IMHO.

Good point. Oh wait, I just sold my MBP, as I was using the iPad for everything portable. Mind you I have a fairly hefty set of macs so don't need the power of the MBP.

My loft is like an Apple museum. Pretty much every model for the last decade lurking up there. I have been thinking of gutting an old blueberry iMac, to make a shrimp tank out of....

Take the side panel off and get an acrylic tank made to fit the inside. That would look very swish! Fit some cree LEDs in the top for lighting and you could thread filter hoses through the pci card slots. Sorted!

Do it. You know you want to.

p.s Use the disc loading flap as a feeder!

What dreams are made of..........sure its going to be above my price range.........God it looks sexy though :woot:

Antipofish said:
Looks good but looking at those LED's they dont look like the powerful version. From what I have read, you need the 3w LED's to punch down and get a decent PAR at substrate level. Can't take it away from ELOS though, looks are better than ADA IMHO.
The LEDs will be more than capable. The original unit was and they're not going to go backwards. It has a cooling fan that suggests it's relatively powerful.

I love the way it's future proof with interchangeable LEDs and even the case can be changed for a different colour to suit different cabinets, interior designs etc.

The best looking LED on the market and probably one of the best functioning too. No doubt an expensive investment but I wouldn't be upgrading from this for years.

Awesome.

George Farmer said:
Antipofish said:
The LEDs will be more than capable. The original unit was and they're not going to go backwards. It has a cooling fan that suggests it's relatively powerful.

Well I had read (on here in fact on a post where someone was asking about lower wattage LED's) that to be properly effective, esp in tanks over 18" deep, you needed the higher wattage LED's. Those ones looked to me like the lower ones, although I have now checked the specs (which can be found here... http://elos.eu/e-lite3s/, and it seems they are using Cree XRE's so it would, indeed, be very capable, LOL. Either way, its VERY sexy :) I wonder how much it is and how it will compare to the Ecotech Radion. Me thinks the latter has a challenger !

Back