• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

is this hair algae?

plantnoob

getting this down at substrate level mainly . predominantly on the hairgrass.from searching around the web , i think it may be hair algae , but im not sure . 125L tank 2x24w t5 on for 6.5 hours . co2 at 4bps ( turned it up a few days ago thinking it was probably the root of the issue) . combined flow from filter / pumps of 2200lph . all flow is moving the same direction , ie rear wall to front wall . ei dosing . co2 on 2 hours before lights , off 1 hour before lights out

8804561810_ae67effa80_b.jpg
IMG_0122 by mark pettican, on Flickr

Looks like it to me.

I get a small amount of hair algae in the tank in my avatar, when I remove it I am always surprised how strong it is.

im guessing this means my co2 isnt quite right then ? im not getting loads of it , but enough to want it eradicated

yep got 2 drop checkers , both lime green , bordering on yellow at lights on. im wondering if my 4dkh bromo blue may have gone bad though . its a kind of greeny blue colour in the bottle . may get seperate 4dkh water and bromo blue sollution and start making up my own . could be that my drop checkers are telling me porky pies?

edit: looks like my drop checkers are indeed fibbing to me . just found this in the questions asked about the sollution i have got .

hi my Solution has gone green in the bottle is this sill ok to use ?

The solution has to be blue in order to work properly. You need to replace yours.

i will order a fresh bottle

Back