• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jubilee clips or locking nuts?

Fran

Hi, just seeking some advice on whether to use jubilee clips on hoses when dealing with external heaters and diffusers or to stick with the locking nuts supplied. Am planning on adding a new filter soon and have recurring nightmares about my 400 liters spilling onto the living room floor and my subsequent divorce. Any advice appreciated.:drowning:

The pipe on my JBL1500 is slightly thicker than standard 16/22mm pipe and never felt 100% secure on UP diffuser. Locks really well on the JBL attachments, virtually impossible to pull off. However one day whilst fiddling with the filter the hose pulled off the diffuser and I started syphoning 180litres of water behind the tank...

So now attached using jubilee clips and not been an issue since. Also apply a smear if lsx silicone plumbers sealant on surfaces which will also help lock the fixings in place. Lsx is drinking water safe, so fish safe and is easily removed if joints are to be remade at a later date.

Hi Ian and thanks for the reply. I rekon I will use jubilee clips on my heater and diffuser and also have bought a tube of Lsx from Amazon and will give it a try. Cheers.

Back