• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Just a quick hello

gouldy149

Seedling
Just a quick hello my name is rich and i live i bristol. I have had fish tanks all my life all of 23 years. I had the good old gold fish to tripical and then on to marines witch ive had now for 3 years. Unfotunely i dont have time to look after a gd looking marine tank. So after alot of thought i have decied to go dirty and have loads of green

I will be starting my tank when i get back from my holidays i have a 36l x24h x18w with a 8 tube ATI light unit i have 2 2kg FE for co2 and im going to use fulval strattum as my substrate and a vortech mp20 for water movement. Still got to get a few thing to get like a external filter and a few other bits

Cherrs for reading

Rich

Hello Gouldy, Im also new to the forum and from Bristol, look forward to seeing your progress, ive been debating whether to go down the FE Co2 route, let me know if you know of anywhere local to get refills.

Ya have already it only a tenner For a refill and 3 pound to have it tested for a year and that avon fire exstinguishers
Where you planing to get all your plants from

gouldy149 said:
with a 8 tube ATI light unit i have 2 2kg FE for co2 a

Rich

Welcome aboard.

Have a general scan through the lighting and algae forums and you'll find quite a few newcomers to the planted side use way to much light. You would setup camp in there if you fired up all 8 of those tubes. 8) I suppose they switch in pairs so 1 pair would be good for starters and after things settle down you can use another pair for a mid day burst.

Don't forget to start your journal after your holibobs and you get things rolling. :thumbup:

Back