• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED Controller /Dimmer need recommendations

drodgers

I'm looking for a cheap dimmer for a led is there a cheap way of doing it.
IE: will a universal work or do i need specific to the wattage and amps for my light.

I tried an ikea led dimmer on a tmc 400 tile and, no, it did not have the desired effect. It flashed on and off like a slow disco light. The best value I've found is the tmc aquabar dimmer at 13.99 but I've only used it on an aquabar.

I only found the expensive way. But I'm so happy with it I don't care! I use TMC led twin 600 with dual controller. To be honest I used to keep a reef 15 years ago and really wanted a dimmable system then now that was expensive. I think the only option at the time was a geismann at £3000+ and well out of the questions. So paying £300 was great :)

Radion xr15fw timer and dimmer and as the man says 5 years ago would have been 600 quid!

Not all led are dimmable for sure. Best work with a manufacture that creates a dimmable led and controller together. Aqua sky 602 or TMC aquagrow 600 twin with controller looks to be the best options.

Not all led are dimmable for sure. Best work with a manufacture that creates a dimmable led and controller together. Aqua sky 602 or TMC aquagrow 600 twin with controller looks to be the best options.

Is it simply the case that it either dims or it doesnt? Thinking of buying the UP aqua U series, and I've seen someone mention dimming it... am I safe to presume it'll dim and be happy?

in a nutshell i looked into building a dimmer.
You need to lower your transformer wattage so for bigger lights you need a matched controller. the cheap dimmers use a resister which causes flickering and are generally useless.

You will have to check with the manufacturer they will say if the unit is dimmable or not. Some are some are not. Best check first then be happy ;)

Back