• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Led or cfl.

ddam19

Hi all.

I have bought a aqua nano 55 which was meant to come with led lighting but has come with a 18w cfl.

Do I go and get it change for the led or stick with cfl?

What iv read cfl looks the better choose for planted tank.

PS. I'm not doing any to fancy but will have ferts and co2.

Thanks adam

Hello,
This is strictly a personal choice. If you prefer the LED and it is no extra cost or trouble to have it replaced then do so. If it's troublesome then keep the light that you have. Whatever light is chosen will grow plants equally well. Problems only occur when the lighting is too high and attention is not paid to flow and CO2.

Cheers,

It does say led on the box and also the rear glass cover was broken so need to go back so will get it swapped. Thanks for the advice.

It does say led on the box and also the rear glass cover was broken so need to go back so will get it swapped. Thanks for the advice.
yep I will definitely take it back and get that sorted. the 18w cfl colour is dim but did not give the plants a good colour. aqua led much better.

aquanano 40 at the top and aquannao 30 bottom
20140711_215401.jpg

Very nice tanks and can see the led is powerful enough for plants.

Back