• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting & CO2 help

pugoff

Seedling
This has prob been asked a thousand times before, so I apologise now, but here goes with 1001 ;)

I have a 3ft x 19" x 20" (L x D x W) currently running 2 x 35W T5 tubes with reflectors. These are being powered by the Arcadia light unit.

Will this be enough considering I will be going down the CO2 route, or am I going to have to upgrade the lighting? If I have to upgrade it, to what extent would you guys recommend?

This is the tank in question.

WP_001855.jpg

Hello,
You would be well advised to stay away from lighting upgrades until you have figured out how to grow plants with the light you have. Adding CO2 never means that you need more light. If you want to upgrade you should think a lot more about upgrading your filter and CO2 distribution technique.

Cheers,

ceg4048 said:
Hello,
You would be well advised to stay away from lighting upgrades until you have figured out how to grow plants with the light you have. Adding CO2 never means that you need more light. If you want to upgrade you should think a lot more about upgrading your filter and CO2 distribution technique.

Cheers,

Perfect, thanks for the reply Ceg. I am rather new to all of this needless to say. I believe the CO2 distribution will be done through the outflow of the filter and distributed into the tank through a spray bar. I have a good friend of mine hooking up my CO2 for me in about 2 weeks.

Back