• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Little help please

Christor

Ok so I have a rio 125, got it very cheap, but problem is it didnt come with its hood, however the hood it currently has is one of the older versions, fits the tank 80cm long, with only 1 28watt T8 bulb, has a reflector but poor looking tbh

Thats the spec, I am going to be setting up a low tech tank, no co2 or dosing, however im aware this bulb will only barely give me 1 watt per imperial gallon, so have been looking for light units online, which so far cost more than the whole tank etc cost me :p I dont mind as it will work, but have yous any alternatives as ,lighting wont obviously be as crucial in this setup but id obviously want a decent amount

so, does anyone know a chep place to get the light unit for it, a t5 as they dont do t8 hoods i believe anymore for it?

and any recommendations on alternatives?

Thanks in advance!

If you're on a budget then you can buy a T5 ballast (netpetshop.co.uk has great prices) and do a DIY hood. If you wanna go really cheap then you can buy a standard ballast and do all the wiring yourself but you need to know what you're doing so you don't kill yourself! If you want the full unit check out allpondsolutions as they have some reasonably prices products.
Hope this helps.

Thanks man, not much of an electrician so may just buy the correct hood, looks better too and isnt the worst of prices, just checking as theres always bargains to be had somewhere :D

EDIT the rio 125 is n awkward 80cm long, therefore these wont fit unfortunately :( anyone got ideas or seen varying sizes for them?

Back