• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lumix G5?

Lindy

Now looking at the Lumix G5 as an alternative to a bulky dslr. Will the 14-42mm lens supplied with the camera be suitable for most every day stuff?

Lindy do mean the g5 or the gf5?
G5 is still quite large the gf range is more manageable (fits in a pocket)
I have the gf 3 and the 14-42mm lense is fine for everyday stuff. I just bought a 2nd hand bridge camera to supplement the gf3 to do more long range stuff and better macro work.

G5. We have a wee pocket camera and I wanted something with a bigger sensor. I would like a nikon p520 for taking pics of my shrimp but seems a bit excessive.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I bought the G5 on Amazon last night! £289 and you can get £50 cashback from panasonic so seemed a good deal. Will see what it comes with and buy any extras needed next month. I was thinking UV filter, memory card, lense cap and you can also get a wee clip on macro lense for a few quid that might help with shrimp photos.
Thanks Tom, may take you up on that.

Thanks edvet. The camera is more complex but can be used on auto if necessary ( l can hear all the sharp intakes of breath!) The larger sensor will hopefully give me better quality and allow for enlarging. I'm maybe going to ask my dad for some lessons as he is a master photographer but as he is in his 70's I didn't think he'd be too up to date with newer cameras. I was proved wrong today, however, as he knew the g5. His professional dslrs are monsters and exactly what I didn't want. Prob should have asked his advice but heyho he seems to think I've made a good choice.

Back