• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lunapet/Aquarianerversand

£36 won't break the bank. If you could check this would be ok for my set up that would be cool.

Ok it's BSPP so it wouldnt be of much use. It may be best to get it as NPT as I'm not sure they do it in BSPT. I'll go hunting for one. Or another suitable valve.

Ok I may have found a suitable valve. It's a burkert 6011 NPT from the US. Just need to confirm they will ship it and that the orifice is the correct size and I can order them. If all goes well ill have 3 on the way very soon so will be able to ship you one. It will cost less than the price of the link I showed you.

Cheers mate. I'm still researching the whole CO2 thing so will let you know asap if i'm gonna go for that solenoid. I really appreciate all your help.

I've only just begun thinking about a disposable bottle set up to be honest. Only got into this tropical fish lark May of this year!!! I don't like the idea of using a FE, the idea of the handle always being depressed concerns me, plus they take up too much room. So the 600g disposable bottle option makes sense to me. I can get them fairly cheaply near me too. I've been looking at the Sealey disposable regs (the one's with the guage) on ebay, but other than that I've only just begun looking into the other parts needed to build my own disposable reg. Obviously need a needle valve and I want a solenoid too so i can switch it on and off automatically. What's the link to the suitable 6011 solenoid you found?

It was through eBay. Still awaiting a reply to make sure it's the right one. It was around £20 I think, that's before shipping but as I need 2-3 of those valves myself is cover the shipping to this country then let you know the cost to ship it to you. Wont be much tho :)

Cheers mate. So is the Burket brand of solenoid the best? I found an aquamedic one via the "Cheap pressurised CO2 system DIY guide" thread on here. Is that one any good?

Back