• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mini-L and DIY LED light

clone

Hi, guys It is been a while fighthing with the cyano so there u go RESKAPE. My plan is to keep the aquasoil untached and just replace the hardskape and plants. I will go for mostly grass and mosses skape will try to create a natural environment for the CBS I have got. Here is the old and the new skape.
SDC15374.JPG

the old with nasty cyano all over

SDC15384.JPG

Teaser shot :) hopefully no cyano this time but mosses all over Java, Fissidens, Spiky some Crypts and hydro as well carpet of HG mini and normal.
SDC15388+-+Copy.JPG
SDC15377+-+Copy.JPG
SDC15379+-+Copy.JPG
SDC15383.JPG

Thanks for watching!
SDC15381.JPG

Looks very promising Nikolas.
You have a great skill of creating very natural looking aquascapes.
Hopefully the algae won't reappear :)
Cheerio,
Ady

Awesome mate really nice wood work there!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

great scape like ady says looks very natural and great woodwork
algae :mad: hate it lol best of luck and keep updates coming
Dean

Thanks a lot for the comments and compliments. The tank is still on DS kind of happy cause I saw green new leaves on fissidens it took almost a week since "planted". It is mostly aquatic moss I suggest ,so will boost when the tank is filled. I add some new crypts and grasses. End of this week will flood the tank, so fingers crossed........no nasty cyano again. I never tryed antibiotics but this is my final stand so the cyano`s. LOL Pics coming on the flood.

hi here is a crappy phone pic of tank progress more to come later:D:D:D:D I am kind of scared to flood it , algae it will ruin everything :p:p
DSC_0005.jpg

And the Fissidens growing slowly ..........emmersed
DSC_0006.jpg

Hi,
I flood the tank today and hopefully everything will be ok. I saw tiny cyano spot just before to fill the tank:mad: will treat with Easycarbo.
DSC_0053.jpg

I use RO water straight from the unit. pH 6-6.4 and add RO water conditioner to bring the elictrolites back to balance.
DSC_0062.jpg

Filled in and CO2 blasted at least for today. I mesured the Amonia and was 0 :D Probably because the old aquasoil and the already matured filter. Stocking tomorrow;)
DSC_0060.jpg

Crappy phone picture In Situ :p

Thanks for watching. I plan to do 20-30% WC for a week and than every other day. Will fertilise just with micros and esycarbo for the first week. And then PPS-Pro according this:

Macro Solution
In 1 liter bottle:
59 grams K2SO4 (Potassium Sulfate)
65 grams KNO3 (Potassium Nitrate)
6 grams KH2PO4 (Mono Potassium Phosphate)
41 grams MgSO4 (Magnesium Sulfate)
Fill with distilled water and shake well. Let sit overnight.
Micro Solution
In 1 liter bottle:
80 grams of CSM+B or equivalent trace element mix
Fill with distilled water and shake well. Let sit overnight.

How do I dose PPS-Pro solutions?
Dose 1 ml of each solution per ten gallons of tank size. Dose prior to lights turning on.

PPS-Pro system is very easy to use and is the least expensive system in comparison to any other fertilizer. It is designed especially for aquascapers who want a system that is performing well, doesn’t need testing and tweaking and also works with all lights and substrates, no water changes and large water changes. Entirely 100% planted aquariums with reasonable fish load.
Chemicals: Can be ordered from any supplier of choice.
Digital scale: Can be ordered from eBay, Office Depot, Staples, etc. very inexpensive, just a basic one in grams.
Bottles: Find some used two same size bottles, plastic or glass. Soft drink, Coke, shampoo etc.
Formula: We use PPS-Pro Solutions Recipe Calculator to find chemicals going into each bottle. Download here.
Example of 1 litre bottles.
Pour into bottle #1, 59 grams of K2SO4, 65 grams of KNO3, 6 grams of KH2PO4 and 41 grams of MgSO4.
Pour into bottle #2, 80 grams of dry Trace Element mix.
Fill up both bottles with soft water to the 1 litre size and shake. Wait over night until dissolved.
Testing: We do not test for water parameters on settled aquariums. There is no need when levels become consistent.
Dosing: The proper dosing quantity is 1 ml of each solution per 10 gallon or 40 litre of aquarium size. Dose prior to lights turning on.
Examples:
5 gallon or 20 litre dose 10 drops
10 gallon or 40 litre dose 1 ml
50 gallon or 200 litre dose 5 ml
100 gallon or 400 litre dose 10 ml

Anyone else using this recipy for PPS comment please!!! I experienced cyano before with this mixture I did not put MgSO4 in the mix what was wrong is it cause the sulphate? Low NO3 ? Test kits can not mesure NO3 cause the other ions in the watercolum so are not accurate. I was dosing 1ml daily Micro and Macro and weekly WC. Plants was growing well....so the CYANO. :mad: Thanks.

Hi i think I am getting paranoid but spotted some cyano already hopefully will not kill the moss. The cyano is in there all the time I know but how to stop it to spread?

Hi , that is the tank mafter 1 day flooded. Looks a bit pale... I am dosing just micros and RO conditioner after WC 20%....any suggestions? I think BGA will come back :(
DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

Hi, it is been a while since I update last, but meanwhile was atime of frustration and learning at the same time. The tank was badly infected with Cyano which did not want to go no matter of waterchanges and fert dosing, I even bought a new pack of filters for my RO unit thinking that cyano might live in the RO canisters, and yes I found some slimy stuff in the sediment filter which looks like some bacteria colony. Instead of reskaping the tank I decide to experiment. I took all fauna out, in other tank including the filter, and nuke the infected tank with some antibiotic, peroxide and blackout at the same time, for 3 days. The results after everyday waterchanges .....no cyano and other algae at all:D. Clear plants without BGA coating pearling like crazy:p I lost some plant leaves and moss Like fissidens, which turn transperent an has been sucked out during the WC. The tank is still clearing some plant leaves dying but I can see new ones coming out. Can amyone explain the reason of cyano and why is so tough even if the conditions are good? I think I beat the algae but will see:cool: within weeks. All fishes seem happy .....I lost all of my CBS:mad: ........but yes it was a WAR:rage: with the nasty Cyano. Here are some pics the tank is still clearing from dying stuf so.....
DR-pLY0xHQ-RvwqwLl5G7wpq9TSeYIgDpdDf1TG6-g=w1024-h768-no.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0439.jpg

DSC_0436.jpg

Decide to go for simplistic look of the manzi wood and move tha tank to a darker location in the house thinking that daylight can promote algae.Sorry for the phone pics:)

Some of my powersand come out which is very frustrating any nideas what to do???? Cover with some new AS? Thanks!

Things are going really well lately. Some small spots of algae are still visible but I treat them with easycarbo and in one day it turn transperent:D Any suggestions why the red plants are not red no matter I blast the light and up the phosphates as well. Here are couple of shots with the new google Nexus 5;)

Back