• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My "Experiment"

Christie_ZXR

On my windowsil I did have this;

100_2172.jpg

Which was an experiment to see how well plants would grow using just sunlight and soil with gravel over the top. It all went pretty well, apart from the cats insisting on drinking out of it!! The idea was to see if the sunlight would be enough (it is a soulth facing window) before I tried putting an actual tank on there and I'm fairly happy it worked. So, I've just replaced it with a p@h nano. :D

100_2177.jpg

This has to be the cheapest tank I've ever put together! The plants are all from the bowl, or cuttings from another tank, apart from the crypt, which was 3 quid. Decor is all dug out from the depths of my fish cupboard, as is the substrate. Tank itself was 30odd, so all in all, about £33, which I'm very chuffed with.
I'm going to get some snails in there so it can double up as a snail farm for my puffers. Also hoping to put in some cherry shrimp from my other tank if the cpds will stop eating the babies long enough for me to catch some! As for fish, I'm going for white cloud mountain minnows. I already have a biorb which has been butchered that I run without a filter, so I'm happy with that part. The only thing that was stopping me setting up another was lighting, and since the sunlight does the job well I'm sorted.

And of course the o/h can't say anything about this one putting up the electric bill! :lol:

This is the biorb in case anyone's interested :)

100_2181.jpg

:D

Back