• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Newest 15L Opti Nano Nº2

Lovely nano Paulo,i hope the shrimp breed for you as they look very interesting,
regards,
john.

john starkey said:
Lovely nano Paulo,i hope the shrimp breed for you as they look very interesting,
regards,
john.
Thanks John, over the last couple of days I have lost 6 shrimp, I have now added a heater to the tank and also rescaped and performed a water change so hopefully is the end of the deaths!

hope you don't keep loosing these shrimp, they look lovely!

Fingers crossed for you but and if you do manage to get the breeding going I'd be up for a few too ;)

Just a quick update, not sure what happened but I now only have 6 left which seem to be all females, haven't had any deaths in a few days so looks like something stabilized, it seemed that the shrimp shed then died! Bizarre!

I am going to order some more soon and see what happens.

Was looking at the tank earlier today and surprise I spotted some snowball shrimplets, not sure how many I have but only seen two at a time, they are so tiny that are hard to spot, managed to get a photo of one of them:

pict0278.jpg

And a photos of one of the spotty freshwater nerites (not great photo, tiny also):

pict0283.jpg

Tank is coming along ok, the bolbits is doing really nice for a change!

pict0288ru.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Attachments

• pict0288ru.jpg
    pict0288ru.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 80
Got these about a week ago, Harlequin Sulawesi Shrimp, they are very difficult shrimp to keep alive let alone breed, so I will see how they do in my tank, so far so good, but when I got the Snowballs they did well for a week then started dying off. The Snowballs are doing great, the last 6 surving pretty well and now have about 12 little snowballs in the tank also, they are growing pretty fast.

Some photos:

pict0326.jpg

pict0332.jpg

pict0340.jpg

pict0344w.jpg

Thanks for looking, as always comments appreciated.

Attachments

• pict0340.jpg
    pict0340.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 79
  • pict0340.jpg
    pict0340.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 74
wow amazing photos! congrat to these beauties. :thumbup:

i had sulawesi shrimp before, but they were too sensitive to keep alive on a long term. they also were too shy, so i ended up watching the tank a lot to see any of them :lol: hopefully you will have better luck with the harlequins.

i love their color and texture.

PM said:
LD, what substrate did u use?
Ta
In this tank I am using Clombo Flora Base from Plantedbox.

Just a quick update, I did a water change a couple of days ago, used water that was sitting in a bucket for a day and used some water conditioner too, and only changed about 1.5l of water, next day all the Harlequins had vanished from the dead, I presume dead and eaten by the snowballs, oh well didn't think they were going to be this difficult to keep alive!

I suddenly had phantom deaths with my snowball population after them being stable and breeding nicely for ages, then lost the lot in two weeks. Still don't know wh yas they were good quality shrimp, and i've since introduced some cherries to the same tank with exactly the same conditions and they're breeding like rabbits!
Cheers
Matt

Back