• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano cave scape journal

navneethtk

Hey guys my first post/thread on UKAPS.
this is my first scape which is a bit next level for me. Got the idea of it from a book.

I used Laterite stones which I collected Behind my house. And for soil I've used amazonia and white sand as decorative.

Right now I've left it in DSM for the trichomanes sp. To latch itself to the stones. Will do the same for the mosses.

Planning for HC Cuba and japan hair grass in the soil. And a bit of crepidomanes sp. Also.

Comments and critics welcome!
9f304c3e955e425f195ebe8526e1edc2.jpg

Very very nice. Did you cut the rock to get the flatness? It almost looks like a reef.
Thank you! Few of the rocks I cut using a hammer. Some I found it as it is.

These are actually used as bricks for construction in coastal south India. So I guess that's why some are flat.
Nice rock work.
Thanks Tim.

Welcome to the forum Navneeth, that should look great planted up, what size is the tank?

Nice....very nice
I would like to know how big/small this tank is too

Welcome to the forum Navneeth, that should look great planted up, what size is the tank?

Thanks guys! The tank size is a foot cube. Since its small I'll either be keeping just shrimps (carbon rilis) or a school of danionella priapus.

Can someone help me with filtration? A canister is out of my student budget so I thought I'll use a HOB and a small internal filter. Will this be effective? And where should I place the filters?

If you are using co2 then a HOB is not the most efficient filter. If low tech then a HOB will work great, place it were ever.

Sent from my Radar C110e using Tapatalk
Oh shuck...
yes I will be having pressurized co2

Reason I asked about filter placement is because the rocks might block flow.

I've used a HOB filter in my "Dong Hu Gorge" tank, worked perfect, just take out those prefabricated cartridge filters replace with just a bit of floss to keep your tank somewhat clean and place some course filter media (cut into small pieces) on the bottom for bacteria to grow on, this will increase the output and will become cheaper in use as you don't need to buy those cartridge filters anymore.

I've used a HOB filter in my "Dong Hu Gorge" tank, worked perfect, just take out those prefabricated cartridge filters replace with just a bit of floss to keep your tank somewhat clean and place some course filter media (cut into small pieces) on the bottom for bacteria to grow on, this will increase the output and will become cheaper in use as you don't need to buy those cartridge filters anymore.
Thanks martin!

A small update:
Added Japan Hairgrass to the lower regions of the tank in the crevasses.

Added a mist maker to help in DSM.
added few more small stones and soil on the bridge.

b3e2950807ae9135d34b3e9798ba3691.jpg
a05a836685bb44beb82096b021fc7f23.jpg

Sorry for the delay. I had to change the soil on the bridge as the particles were too big for HC. So changed it, replanted the HC added some diced peacock moss here n there too.
b366f5df0e9c8dd58e383543745192f0.jpg

Hope you guys like it. :)
yet to add more moss and fissidens.

eae3aeadd90ef43eb7b20083a76fd0ec.jpg

A bit of the HC melted away while I wasn't home. But new leaves seemed to have sprouted over it. Should I leave it as it is or should I do something about it?

Sent from my Panasonic P11

If I had more hc on hand, I'd pull it out and replace the melted plug. But that's just me. How long to do plan to do the dry start? Growth looks a little vertical on the hc, may be your light intensity is on the low side. What light are you using? How many hours?

If I had more hc on hand, I'd pull it out and replace the melted plug. But that's just me. How long to do plan to do the dry start? Growth looks a little vertical on the hc, may be your light intensity is on the low side. What light are you using? How many hours?
I thankfully had some more HC, So I replaced it. Hope it does well.

Lights are 36w pll. So its high light and I've seen to it they get good light.

I also added fissidens fontanus now. I hope that latches itself.

a2f27ef83b914389d8e1b389ddc41819.jpg

Quick phone snaps. HC Cuba started doing well after adding a fan.

8b0a6a5838694e455171277bba1563fb.jpg

Japan hair grass is packing in.
o also added few crepidomanes sp. Here n there.

Back