• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano Garden Experiment

Tropica worked for me and others (ie. I got the tip to use Tropica from someone who was successful with it). I switched from APT to Tropica and my A. Pedicatella improved pretty quickly.

Sometimes it is not the brand but how much you dose? For a 60 litre tank, you should be dosing 0.8ml-1ml TSN a day. If you dosed more than 1ml/day that may have made things worse for A. Pedicatella.
I think my tropica just got old, I got it a year ago in a big canister and maybe it is done.

So I decided to replace this aquarium with Superfish Scaper 90. I need some nice and colorfull stem plants ,please suggest.

ai0q0349-sphaerocarpa-jpg.jpg

Congrats on your new tank! Bigger is better, more space for more plants :)
Ludwigia Sphaerocarpa!

Ahem. Why is that not unpacked yet? 😃

So I did some draft planning and I would like to hear your opinions.

Here list of plants:

Backgroung
Rotala Blood Red
Rotala Orange Juice
myriophyllum roraima
Pogestomon Erectus

Next row
Ludwigia White
Limnophilia Aromatica mini
Golden nessea
myriophyllum mattogrossense
Cabomba Red

next row
alternathera mini + rosanerver
lobelias cardinalis mini
rotala indica
bacopa colorata
bacopa purple

next row
pogestomon helferiludwigia spharocapra
s repens
bacopa compact

Attachments

• IMG20240312163858.jpg
    IMG20240312163858.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG20240312163902.jpg
    IMG20240312163902.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 37
One more question, pogestomon Erectus is not growing, it looks healthy, but stays the same size. What could I do about it?

Attachments

• IMG20240401194551.jpg
    IMG20240401194551.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG20240401194634.jpg
    IMG20240401194634.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 23
So all my plants seems growing good and healthy except Nesaea pedicellata kind of unhelaty, the leavers are dark and covered in algae.
I`m doing APT Complete now. So question should I wait or should I think about buying RO device?

So all my plants seems growing good and healthy except Nesaea pedicellata kind of unhelaty, the leavers are dark and covered in algae.
I`m doing APT Complete now. So question should I wait or should I think about buying RO device?

0b9a0602-10-apr-jpg.jpg

0b9a0601-10-apr-jpg.jpg

For A. Pedicatella, I feel that algae and stunting are separate (but related) issues.

Algae
often happens on the lower leaves. For example in the photo above, the stem on the left has been suffocated by the Synoganthus for the longest time. Once the stem grew taller than the Synoganthus and saw unobstructed LED light for the first time , I think it puts its energy into growing the leaves that are exposed to the LED light while the leaves in darkness were 'deprioritised' (mobile nutrients channelled to the leaves receiving more light):D Hence, you can see the algae on the lower leaves while the top looks ok.

Stunting appears to be related to hard water (TDS 200ppm+) AND/OR overly rich water column dosing.

Back