• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Betta!

Aqua360

Hi all,

Thought I'd share a pic of a new Betta I'm getting next week, that I won on a Betta forum competition for best Betta tank of the month!

This guy is a double tail, I'm quite excited as I've never had one; especially with these colours!

Currently prepping set-up for him, hope to have updated pics by the end of next week!

Also some pics of my current Betta set-up for my existing half-moon, on the small side, possibly updating in near future
FB_IMG_1473714955061.jpg
IMG_20160912_180453.jpg
IMG_20160912_180740.jpg

FB_IMG_1473714955061.jpg

best Betta tank of the month!
congratulations :D

Both Bettas look as if they've got a bit of "Rosetail" going on (there are multiple genes/loci involved in tail inheritance) so may develop quite heavy finnage (reduce flow)

They'll make a great "pair" re contrasting colors :)

congratulations :D

Both Bettas look as if they've got a bit of "Rosetail" going on (there are multiple genes/loci involved in tail inheritance) so may develop quite heavy finnage (reduce flow)

They'll make a great "pair" re contrasting colors :)

Interesting, can you elaborate on rose tail?

Yeah ive had to turn my hobs way, way down; slightly concerned for the bacteria in the filter, but I just want my Bettas to be able to swim unresisted :D

A favorite Betta site
Betty Splendens Forms & Finnage

As Rosetail is often bred into HM lines, it's common to find some in HM spawns (as well as other fin types depending on parents)

Most biofilter media will be fine as long as there is some flow, I'd just minimize debris (ie (gently) rinse media more frequently)

A favorite Betta site
Betty Splendens Forms & Finnage

As Rosetail is often bred into HM lines, it's common to find some in HM spawns (as well as other fin types depending on parents)

Most biofilter media will be fine as long as there is some flow, I'd just minimize debris (ie (gently) rinse media more frequently)

shame i didn't know about rosetail before, ah well :)

Last edited:
I suspect that Rosetail is for the most part used responsibly by breeders - don't regret your choice :)

I suspect that Rosetail is for the most part used responsibly by breeders - don't regret your choice :)

in any case, i heavily plant my betta tanks; and reduce the flow to practically nothing, so hopefully even with the impairment they can do alright for themselves :)

Nothing better than seeing a healthy Betta in it's own fit for purpose tank. You often see them in poor conditions, hopefully the days of keeping them in bags at the LFS are over. They are a beautiful fish, it was a pure red Betta that started my fishkeeping days many moons ago.

He's beautiful...but I think I like your original better! Really nice tank for him, congratulations on winning - unsurprising really :D

I just ordered two 12x12x8 inch tanks, one for my original white betta, and one for the new guy :D

Around 18 litres, makes me feel much better though as it gives them at least a bit more room to explore, I'm going to make it a jungle for them haha, ever seen that scene in Jurassic park with the dilophosaurus? Where they look for it and can't find it? Basically that haha.

I like to have fish, shrimp etc, in their own little world, so that they can come and view us; not the other way about lol

Nothing better than seeing a healthy Betta in it's own fit for purpose tank. You often see them in poor conditions, hopefully the days of keeping them in bags at the LFS are over. They are a beautiful fish, it was a pure red Betta that started my fishkeeping days many moons ago.

Very true, they are really interesting with good personalities when given the chance to flourish :)

I just ordered two 12x12x8 inch tanks, one for my original white betta, and one for the new guy :D

Around 18 litres, makes me feel much better though as it gives them at least a bit more room to explore, I'm going to make it a jungle for them haha, ever seen that scene in Jurassic park with the dilophosaurus? Where they look for it and can't find it? Basically that haha.

I like to have fish, shrimp etc, in their own little world, so that they can come and view us; not the other way about lol

Haha, oh yeah...poor Dennis Nedry...

It's definitely better for them to be in a more natural set up :) and you get a bonus of seeing more natural behavior too...:)

Haha, oh yeah...poor Dennis Nedry...

It's definitely better for them to be in a more natural set up :) and you get a bonus of seeing more natural behavior too...:)

Yeah, I can't wait to get stuck in and get them set-up! Tanks probably won't be ready till the weekend though, then need to cycle the other and have the Betta delivered from down south; so a couple of weeks yet!

I should of known you were a Ukaps guy
Well I'm sure he will be happy with his new home once you get back and have him ready

Regards
Dean

Haha had no idea you were on the forum :lol:

Thanks again!

update on this guys, I sadly wasn't able to take the new Betta (lack of space primarily amongst other reasons); but was able to move my existing betta into the newer tank I'd mentioned. Some pics below, will most likely get a plexi lid for this soon to maintain humidity.

betta square 1.jpg
betta square 2.jpg
betta square 3.jpg

Back