• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New- looking to get into planted aquariums

flyingfish

Hi,

New to this forum, must say some lovely tanks on the gallery! I currently have a fluval edge that i am giving to my mother for her to have and i am looking to get a decent sized tank to replace it with (150-200 litters) could anyone recomend a good set up for me (not to expensive under 300) i would like to create a nice carpet floor aquarium using HC with bog wood in the back with large grassy plants around with one or two medium rocks and to the side or middle a patch of sand. would this be able for me to do?
Also can anyone recomend a good aquatics centre in south wales that stocks a wide variety of plants that would suit my set up as my local Maiden head store only contains a few plants.

Thank you very much, look forward to sharing my passion for planted aquariums with you all.

Flying Fish

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I would recommend you checking out ebay and aquarist-classifieds.co.uk for cheap second hand tanks, you can get real bargains there ;) and leaves you with extra cash to invest on a CO2 system for example ;)

A good starting tank for those prices new you looking at Rio or Roma range, a Rio 180 would do nicely.

Good luck and keep us posted :)

thank you, by roma i assume you mean fluval roma? i have roughtly 300 in total.

Back