• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New to Co2 - help!

Tomo

Hi

Could anyone please help. I have a 60litre tank with a lot plants at the moment I am using 1ml of easycarbo and 1ml of tropica plant nutrition per day
the lighting is t5 24watt on a timer for 8hrs a day.
I recently got the waterplant co2 disposable set complete with bubble counter and diffuser it has no solenoid to switch it off at night but I'm new to co2 and never used it before I just want to give it a go to see how the plants improve.
I have read you have to be so careful with dosing the right amount too little algae can come too much the fish can suffer.
At the moment I,m dosing 8 bubbles a minute{ regulater adjustment so fine and and very tricky} but there seems to be a lot of fine bubbles at the surface is this ok or is the co2 not dissolving probably.

How much do i need to dose for my tank?

Hi,

Your underdosing your ferts for a start tropica is ment to be 5mm per day for every 50 litres it's also abit lean so most people double or tipple dose. Co2 is prob abit to low 2-3 bubbles per second is the norm

Rudi

Rudi 5ml per week not per day ;)
Tomo you should try and start dosing Plant Nutrition+ (or dry salts) after switching on CO2 plants also require a little bit more NPK, don't worry about fish deaths when overdosing fertilizers (if there's such a therm) but liquid carbon that should be dosed carefully. Regarding CO2 try and buy a solenoid, it's a money saver ;)

Cheers,
Mike

clonitza said:
Rudi 5ml per week not per day ;)
Tomo you should try and start dosing Plant Nutrition+ (or dry salts) after switching on CO2 plants also require a little bit more NPK, don't worry about fish deaths when overdosing fertilizers (if there's such a therm) but liquid carbon that should be dosed carefully. Regarding CO2 try and buy a solenoid, it's a money saver ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Lol my bad it's because TPN dosage works out 5ml per day on my tank. But still for it to be effective because it's weak you need to double or triple the recommended dose, I use 15ml 5 days a week. I'm switching to a pre mixed dry mix tho much cheaper

Back