• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie to UKAPS-Pic of my rescape, Ideas?

Dougie

Hi, newbie to UKAPS! Was using plantedtank.net but it's around 99% US members so no good for advice on buying equipment etc!

This is my tank, i will be doing a custom build around xmas so i know my lighting etc isn't the greatest!

Its 125litre Fluval 125. I have an Eheim Ecco Pro 300 and 2 x 20W Power-Glo bulbs up top. Pressurised Co2 and ferts twice a week with Flourish Comprehensive. Going to dose macro according to EI Index soon too!

I realised upon research that my bulbs should be around 6500K for optimum plant growth and realised that my 20W power-glo are 18000K :-O wow.

Anyway, i have ordered 2 x 18W bulbs at 6500K so hopefully i'll have better growth with these??? am i right?

Also, i had a major rescape of my tank after geting tired with no height etc so added some rock to go with my bogwood and mounted it up too get a sort of mountain, anyways long story shortt, my fish love it, and i have planted microsword in the lower left of the tank to create a carpet(hard to see in my poor pic i know).

I have now started to record some runners being sent off and hopefully it won't take too long before i get it filling up nicely:)
The stem in the back left is just to soak up excess nutrients just now and will be replaced my something nice once the tank calms back down from my rescape:)

Any feedback and input would be greatly appreciated:).
EDIT: sorted now?

IMG_20140416_084430_zpsarennrg8.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Dougie welcome to UKAPS.

There's something wrong with your picture so I can't comment on your scape.

I'm no expert but I think that kelvin rating is more important for your viewing pleasure rather than the plants health.

:)

Hi Dougie welcome to UKAPS.

There's something wrong with your picture so I can't comment on your scape.

I'm no expert but I think that kelvin rating is more important for your viewing pleasure rather than the plants health.

:)

I have just linked in the photo coz the photo tool isn't working properly.

Really? I thought The lower the Kelvin the better as it mimics natural daylight better and has better light spectrums with more reds rather than the bulbs i have now for example that include more blues??

Apparently so Dougie, have a look at this thread I was just reading.

I still can't see your picture, my PC at work won't let me look at photobucket! :lol:

Apparently so Dougie, have a look at this thread I was just reading.

I still can't see your picture, my PC at work won't let me look at photobucket! :lol:

Haha you are as bad as me sitting on this at work all day!

Let me know if you get a look when youre home!

Thanks for the thread, looks cool, lights are crazy!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

:lol: I will do mate.

I won't pretend I understood all that thread but it backs up what I said :crazy:. You probably did the right thing ordering those 6500k lights anyway, seems to be around the industry standard for planted tanks.

On photobucket click the share button and a few different boxes appear with links in them
Copy the link from the box labeled "direct"
Switch to ukaps and click the insert image button
A box will appear then simply paste the copied link into the box and then click insert.
Don't worry about being a noob, everyone has to start somewhere.
I think you were copying the wrong link

On photobucket click the share button and a few different boxes appear with links in them
Copy the link from the box labeled "direct"
Switch to ukaps and click the insert image button
A box will appear then simply paste the copied link into the box and then click insert.
Don't worry about being a noob, everyone has to start somewhere.
I think you were copying the wrong link
IMG_20140416_084430_zpsarennrg8.jpg

Like so???

What do you mean the full picture? I can see the whole picture that I have posted, but its a bad PIC anyway, the sides of the tank aren't wholly in it! Lol crap nexus 5 camera!

Ahhh I see! Lol one more question, any idea how to turn off email notifications? I like the Tapatalk one but every time I get an email too. To say you've replied?

I'm not sure on that one. I think its in the alert preferences somewhere.
I don't use push notifications on my email so it isn't really a problem for me.
You could just use the spam filter on your email to stop them but its not ideal
You could make a post
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/forums/technical-help.30/
And london dragon will be more than happy to guide you through

Ah nice! Thanks a lot for your help☺ would you say this is one of the best UK planted tank forums then? Generally get lots of answers to questions?

Back