• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie with a lighting question.

Steveyg81

Hi everyone,

Iv recently got into planting my vision 180.
I bought it second hand, and here lies my potential problem!!

The previous owner had broken the standard juwel light unit, and hadn't fixed/replaced it.

Instead there is a 30" 25w t8 that I have just replaced with a new resun tube (10000k).

What plants if any will grow with this?
I have aquatic soil, and sand ready to use as substrate as well as a decent amount of bogwood.
I also have some easy carbo, off the shelf aquarium plant feeding liquid, and a stack of root tabs (and im ordering some osmocote!!)

Thank you in advance, I really want to try aquascaping, so I hope there are some options!!!

Steve

Do you have one or two 25w T8?

Do you have reflectors?

You will be able to grow most species with 2 x T8 and reflectors but may struggle with some carpeting species.

Most plants are fine in lower light, especially if they are fed well.

If you have 1 x T8 then you're limited to species such as Anubias, Java fern and crypts.

Thanks george,

Im still new with the lighting/planting, but i have plenty of time to research (since i left the RAF in november!! 8) )

There is just one bulb at the mo but i went to paddock farm water gardens and they sell 90cm led overtank lights so i may have to purchase one of those!!!
To be honest i prefer the open top look anyway!

Back