• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie with a new project.

Anfield1forever

Hi all,

Nice to meet you all.

Trying out a 100 litre planted tank! Monte carlo planted over Christmas holidays and starting to look ok. Few crypts with root tabs and a anubias in the middle.

Hyyger 24/7 led, Fluval stratum, Diy Co2 and TNC complete working a treat.

I do have another 400 litre aquarium with a fire eel and tiger barbs that's loaded with limnophila and huge anubias.

Attachments

• 20240303_164629.jpg
    20240303_164629.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 201
Great idea! This? Back corners? Thanks
Hopefully I'll be able to get a external filter to free up some space soon too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240303_174836_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240303_174836_eBay.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 154
Purchased some Blyxa Japonica. Will be here Wednesday/Thursday. Just need a spot to put it? Back left maybe? Or mid either side? Thanks everyone

Update

• blyxa japonica added far left behind the rock. 6 small bunches.
  • more crypts wendtii green x 2 and moehimmannii x1.
  • External filter at last and running alongside the internal. Can't wait to take out the old.

Spending my penny's again.

Attachments

• 20240307_171400.jpg
    20240307_171400.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 113
Been having a little algae problem so today I swapped the rocks with others I had.

Think they are better placed now too.

Monte carlo going crazy and cryptocorynes have produced under water leaves. Blyxa sending out runners and balansae has grown about 2 foot long.

1000007452.jpg

Yeah, this hobby will drain current accounts unless you are careful. :)
Must be confusing for some new to planted tanks, truth is you can have a planted aquarium on a budget, alternatives to expensive lights, filtration,hardscape etc are widely available, two or three easy plant species and away you go. Many high ranks in the IAPLC did so with basic equipment a while back

Update! Cryptocoryne flamingo added last week and new pink under water leaves just started to grow. Needed some colour apart from green and brown.

Blyxa japonica is going crazy. Runners shooting out everywhere. Thicker leaves than what I'm used to seeing though.

Natans Minima on top growing great too!
20240417_173003.jpg

There’s a wee gap on the right between the rock and glass. Plug it full of Crypts!
Thanks for the heads up! I was hoping to grow something tall there to hide the skimmer and filter pipes. Wasn't sure what would look right to put there?! Something maybe to take up the whole corner.....

Replacement correct blyxa japonica hopefully on the way. Seller has apologised for the mistake.

Now to keep the sagittaria or not? Maybe remove so the runners don't ruin the monte carlo.

Back