• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant recommendations after stopping co2

discusdan

Hey all,

I've had my tank running for just over a year now and have just recently stopped injecting co2 and had a bit of a clean up.

I'm now just Dosing EI salts and glute every day and running one 30w t8 light tube for 6 hours a day.

This is what the tank looks like now.

KEF8lER.jpg

I'm after some hardy fast growing plants to fill in the gaps that will cope well with my current spec.
I was thinking along the lines of some Aponogeton madagascariensis and some bacopa myriophylloides.

I'm open to suggestions on anything really though but has to be easy to grow.

To be honest Even when injecting co2 I was disappointed with the growth rate and health of my plants but I cant understand what I'm doing wrong.

The tank is 200l and like I say i'm running one t8 30w bulb for 6 hours a day.
I'm over dosing EI salts 3x the recommended suggestion 6x a week.
Adding 20ml of glute solution every day.
Do roughly a 75% water change every week.
And up until a couple of weeks ago I was injecting co2 for 7 hours a day and the drop checker was yellow at lights on.

But even doing all this I've never had lush growth, I'm starting to wounder if It has something to do with my substrate which is cat litter topped with sand.

Strangely After i stopped injecting co2 I added an air stone to the tank and run it for around 6 hours a day with the outlet underneath my power head, this creates loads of micro air bubbles around the tank,I've since noticed a lot more new growth from the plants???

If any one can shed any light on my situation and some recommended plants It would be much appreciated.

C. usteriana, C. 'Mi Oya', C. aponogetiifolia, C. balanceae, C. 'broadleaf'..........are all bigger types.
Mick.

Back