• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

plants for a fluval edge

hixy

Hello folks,i have my tank and my dry ferts just waiting on my boyu overtank luminaire which will have 3x 8 watt tubes.I will be getting a presurised co2 system.

I do love cryts so would like some in my tank but also would love some colour.eventually i will be keeping some endlers in the tank.I realise this is a very small tank but would love something jungle looking with colour is that possible in such a small aqaurium.Could you recommend some plants please.

kind regards mick

Cryps sounds like a good idea, you can get a very good 'jungle' with them alone. They don't come in vibrant colours, but they aren't all green, like Cryptocoryne wendtii, although this might be a bit big for the edge tank. Trouble is, anything very red is going to need very good lighting, which even with the 3x8w you might not achieve. I could be wrong though. This might be the first time an edge tank has been planted, so you might be the guinea pig!

Sorry not sure if that's much help to be honest!

Sam

Thanks Sam.what crypts would you suggest.I have grown red plants with 3 watts per gallon before.Also the tank is not very deep at all so would think light penatration would not be a problem.i will get some pics up when i have got everything delivered and set up

Back