• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plastic Fantastic

Re: Drifting

clonitza said:
That's a sad news Gill, have you tried making them eat dry food? :) Nice fish BTW, sadly I don't think I'll ever find them here.

Mike

They dont readily take any dry foods, but if i give live and dry at the same time, they will pick at the dry food.

vauxhallmark said:
Could you share your brine shrimp growing system?

M

It Is Very Easy.
All I did was get an old vase, but you could use a bucket with a heater in it. Fill 3/4 with water and added a tablespoon of rock salt. if using a bucket then add a few tbs of rock salt.
Add 2 bags of Live Brine Shrimp, then 1 week later added 1 spoon of Brine Shrimp Eggs. And the system is still going 3 weeks later, with constantly hatching BBS from the Adults.
Feed them with Spirulina Powder mixed into the water. but only a small pinch is needed to be added.
I top up the evaporation with water from the tank.

Newly Hatched BBS will be at the surface of the water, while the adults are happily humping each other all day long.

Just done weekly maintenance, and was wondering why the kribs were attacking me.
After finishing up and having a look, they have laid another batch of eggs. Hopefully this time they may hatch. :)

Since not going to be able to go to Aquatics Live. I am going to be going to the opening of a new LFS near Atherstone tommorrow, looks like they are going to have lots of offers @ Twycross Aquatics. will take pix if allowed to.

should be good, they are boasting that they have the cheapest prices in the midlands. If they can match the prices that R+S aquatics Had, then it will be worth the drive.

spyder said:
Back already? How was it? Will going in an hour or so. :D

Not gone yet, out Toy Shopping with the Little One to cheer him up as poorly with tonsillitis.

Forgot to add, Tank Crashed during the night. Heater Malfunction. Lost everything apart from the Plecs and Gobies.

Re: Drifting - Tearing Down tonight, for a change

Drifting is being Torn down tonight, Planting may change slightly. Will be leaving the hairgrass alone as carpeting nicely, as well as the hydrocoytle. Just going to be changing the left side.

Gill said:
Forgot to add, Tank Crashed during the night. Heater Malfunction. Lost everything apart from the Plecs and Gobies.

Very sorry to hear that mate :( did the heater thermostat not cut out?

Gary Nelson said:
Gill said:

Very sorry to hear that mate :( did the heater thermostat not cut out?

Dunno, really. just been washing more substrate to add to the tank.

Re: Drifting - Rescape done for now

Sadly the New LFS has not got any of the fish I wanted (glad I checked with them on FB). So will be ordering my fish online. Now most of you know by now I like the unusual fish, and the new stock will be very interesting indeed.

Re: Drifting - Rescape done for now

Shock Horror Cannot believe. I have decided to keep some Neon Tetras as the Base fish for the tank. I have not kept them since 2004 AFAIK. So have they become any stronger, in the last 5 years, or are they still as weak as I remember them to be. The Pike Headed Livebearers I was going to have are Too expensive @ £13 each + postage. So on the lookout for something interesting to pop up on sale. Feel a Trip to Harlestone coming on to browse the tanks there. Or I could wait another month until the next fish auction.

Back