• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Proper co2 kit

logi-cat

I am currently using a disposable co2 kit by tmc in which you replaced the cartridge when it runs out. After thinking about it in the long run im better off getting a proper co2 kit where i can refill it when it runs out, as it probably works out cheaper. Can somebody let me know the price of one of these systems. I would like a small cylinder (paintball size).

Hi there, if it helps I setup my own CO2 solution using a Sodastream canister and bought the relevant adapter from a site I found called www.co2supermarket.co.uk who also supply solenoid regulators, diffusers etc.

I wanted to use the Sodastream source of CO2 as it's cheap and convenient to swap the canisters once they're empty, but to start with I struggled to find an adapter that fitted the thread on the canister (they must obviously use their own bespoke thread)

Thanks,

David

Why not try going down the fire extinguisher route. Its not as scary as you think and if you follow the guide on here like I did it then its straightforward and not that expensive. It was costing me around £14 a month replacing my 88g fluval cannisters and it only cost me £70 for a reg and 2kg fe as I already had diffuser, tubing and bubble counter from my fluval set up.

buzz123 said:
Hi there, if it helps I setup my own CO2 solution using a Sodastream canister and bought the relevant adapter from a site I found called http://www.co2supermarket.co.uk who also supply solenoid regulators, diffusers etc.

I wanted to use the Sodastream source of CO2 as it's cheap and convenient to swap the canisters once they're empty, but to start with I struggled to find an adapter that fitted the thread on the canister (they must obviously use their own bespoke thread)

Thanks,

David
Awesome find, bookmarked :thumbup:

Back