• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Question about soil, ammonia and water quality

I thought I might have done something wrong with my tank setup until I read this. I have a 96 ltr tank with John Innes No2. and 4mm gravel on top. Light is very low, about 0.9 W/G and can't be increase :( so have planeted a fair few low light plants. The tank has been running now for 3 weeks, temperature at 26C, and my Ammonia constanlty around 5ppm, Nitrite also high. PH 6.8 (water very hard as I live in East Anglia).

I was going to start over again, but after reading post on here I am happy to leave it alone. All plants seem to be growing, so I'm hoping this will help reduce the ammonia.

Just waiting and waiting and waiting for the water to be correct before I move my cherry red shrimp and Ottos into a their new home, and get rid of the old tank. Water parameters seem fine for those b***** snails that have appeared in the new tank.

Back