• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Re-scaping my 200l tank

Sorry I cant help much with your plant issues but could you tell me what you are using to hold the clear spray bar to the glass? I need to get some clear suction cups to hold my clear spray bar because it will look rubbish with black suction cups and clips.

Cheers

Yep no problem here is the pic. I found them in my LFS. It's not one I go to very often - reef and river in morecambe. It's about 30-40 mins from me but if you absolutely can't find any I could try and pop back at some time to post to you (can't remember how much they are). I did struggle to find any online before stumbling across them there. They are adjustable for different sizes - my pipe is quite wide in diameter

Did you make your own spray bar? Can you tell me how/if you have fitted some form of end cap to allow you to clean inside? I couldn't find out how to do that so just closed the end with the heat gun and now I can clean all the way inside

Sucker.jpg

Cheers mate, I will keep hunting as I wont be setting up my new tank till it arrives in about 6 weeks. If you do pop to the shop in the near future I would be grateful if you could grab me 8 of these and I will send you the funds, will also give you first dibs when I next trim my tanks out.

I am to lazy to make my own spray bars so got some from ebay, funny story behind it where I made an offer to the seller and he came back with a counter offer lower than the amount I had offered! so I snapped it up and bought 2 lots, they seem like good quality and all I need is some clear suction cups like yours to finish it off.

The spray bars need to be trimmed slightly so they wont sit so low in the water, but should be an easy job, I will also drill an extra hole just past where the straight part of the spray bar meets the curved pipe.

056b40b9-b8bb-4075-a085-1cdbabc2b9a3_zps3ed5a2a2.jpg

ac5deb16-9b4a-4d7f-beaf-c7e333dbb127_zps3576fa94.jpg

192fc8f7-a7c8-4e6b-ae37-aa5c4ecb7fc6_zps74255e49.jpg

Back