• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommended number of Aquaray Grobeam 600's for 180 litre

willsy

Hi Planted Aquarium Experts!

I'm currently in the process of setting up a 180 litre Aquarium to replace my current 125 litre.

The new aquarium is an open top Evolution Aqua AS900 which has these dimensions:

900mm (l) x 500mm (w) x 450mm (h).

From my old setup, I have 4 Aquaray Grobeams which I plan to re-use. Ended up using only two of these on my original 125L as four Grobeams were overkill...

My plan is to have a high light C02 / EI in the new Aquarium.

Would it be recommended to have two of these Grobeams or four for a high light setup? I do have a controller, so it's no problem to dim the lights anyway!

I've already installed two of the Grobeam lights on the new Aquarium, but I would need to buy additional MMS rails and Mountarays if I need to add the two remaining lights, so wondering if I should do this?

Just want to be sure that it's best to use all four or if it's overkill for this new setup too?

Cheers :)

Will.

Hello,

3 could be enough, however because of coverage, 4 Grobeam 600 will probably be best.

Speaking of 125L tank standard, normally it is 2 Grobeam 600.

Michel.

Thx... I will install my two other two lights then!

Going to try a TMC rim mount for these additions. Hopefully two will fit on one bar along the length of a 90cm (it will be v tight though).

If not, I'll have to get another Mountaray, but that means that I can't have two in parallel because of the overhang...

Anyhow, either way I'm having all four lights over this new scape!

Thanks for the advice. :)

Cheers

Will.

Back