• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shady woodland stream

Last edited:
Got rid of the “mind your own business” and it’s neatened up a treat. I’ve added some new patches of moss that I will now keep a little drier by directing the water flow more over the back of stone the wall.
IMG_2832.jpeg
IMG_2833.jpeg
IMG_2850.jpeg
The water stays nice and clear and luckily I’ve not been bothered by any algae apart from slight green tinge to the pebbles which I kind of like.

Really nice creation and journal.
A great evolution of mossy, ferny goodness.

Lovely

Thanks everyone, I’m glad people like this very simple project. When I suggested it to the kids I thought it would be just a couple of days and then we would dismantle but it’s ended up a permanent feature in the house. It’s very easy to look after (just rain water top ups and occasional water change to help clean up the pebbles). It may be small but it’s big enough for my wife to count it in the tally of tanks I have. This only stands at a modest 3 (at the moment 😉) but moving to 4 is going to take some international-level diplomacy skills 😀.

IMG_2863.jpeg
Hi @SteveMid what do you have at the back moving the water? Any chance of a photo of your set up?
Such a lovely little tank - I have a 10 litre and it’s amazing all the different things you can do in a small space.
See attached. It’s a little Eden filter. It runs almost silent and hides nicely behind the tank. You can’t see it or the pipe work when looking face on as the planting hides it all
IMG_2861.jpeg
IMG_2862.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2863.jpeg
    IMG_2863.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
I'm not a huge fan of mosses because they get everywhere but that looks super natural. Very nice :D

Just a little update - little woodland still going strong 😀. Only one maintenance session since November 23 to cut back liverwort. Still topping up every week with a little rain water. I still get so much joy from this 10 litre set up nearly a year on. Never have any algae growth under the water. Still waiting for the ferns to kick back into action but have a feeling they might be coming back with some force this year.
IMG_3814.jpeg
IMG_3816.jpeg
View attachment IMG_3809.jpeg

Back